Millions upon millions of people have tried their luck on the roulette wheel over the centuries it has been in existence. Some did well and some did not, fortunes were made and fortunes were lost, but some players stand out among the crowd.
Whether that be for particularly gutsy behaviour, an uncanny ability to predict the outcome, or for coming up with sophisticated ways to beat and cheat the system, all of the people listed below have made their mark on the game of roulette in some way or another.
So lets have a look at some of the most famous roulette players who ever lived.
- J. Doyne Farmer: Shoe Computer Gives Roulette Player 20% Edge Over Casino
- Fyodor Dostoevsky: Writing 'The Gambler' Through Roulette Addiction
- Richard Marcus: Cheating at Roulette and Inventing The Savannah
- Richard Jarecki: Using Data to Exploit Wheel Bias
- Monique Laurent: Controlling the Roulette Ball with a Radio Transmitter
- Billy Walters: The Most Successful Gambler of All Time
- Francois & Louis Blanc: Building Casino de Monte-Carlo & Changing Roulette Forever
- Blaise Pascal: The Invention of the Roulette Wheel
- Gonzalo Garcia Pelayo: Spanish Family Gets 6% Edge With Roulette Wheel Bias
- Charles Wells: The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo
- The Ritz Laser Cheaters: Using Technology to Legally Beat Roulette
- Joseph Jagger - Beating the Monte Carlo Roulette Tables with Wheel Bias
- Ashley Revell: He Bet His Life Savings on Roulette and Won